Last updated on 22 May 2018.
This website is owned and operated by Learn Igbo Now / The Igbo School . Learn Igbo Now is the trading name of Learn Languages Now, a limited company. Our principal place of business is located within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
You must be at least thirteen years of age to use our website. By using this website, we trust that you are thirteen years of age or older. We do not knowingly allow users below this age to use this website, nor do we knowingly collect data from such users.
Intellectual Property Notice
All images, text, designs, graphics, trademarks and service marks are owned by and property of Learn Igbo Now, or the properly attributed party. It is a violation of federal law to use any of our intellectual property in whole or in part, and modification of any materials contained on this site is illegal and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permissible should we choose to do so, including asking for financial penalties (damages) and/or an injunction forcing you to stop using our intellectual property immediately.
You may NOT use our intellectual property in any way, which includes republishing any text, image, design or other property on another website, or posting a quote or image from our site to any third party website including social media. We have spent lots of time and money building the intellectual property located on this site and in order to maintain the integrity of it, we cannot allow any third party use.
Any communications made through our ‘contact,’ blog, blog comments or other related pages, or directly to our email addresses is not held privileged or confidential and is subject to viewing and distribution by third parties. We own any and all communications displayed on our website, servers, comments, emails or other media as allowed by United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland law, and will not give credit or pay royalties for unsolicited user-generated content such as blog comments or emails.
We maintain a right to republish any submission in whole or in part as reasonably necessary in the course of our business. You agree not to submit any content or communications that could be illegal or serve an unlawful purpose, including, but not limited to communications that are potentially libelous or maliciously false, obscene, abusive, negligent or otherwise harmful or inappropriate.
Our website and related materials is provided for educational and informational use only. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless our website and company for any direct or indirect loss or conduct incurred as a result of your use of our website and any related communications, including as a result of any consequences incurred from technological failures such as a payment processor error(s) or system failure(s).
While we may reference certain results, outcomes or situations on this website, you understand and acknowledge that we make no guarantee as to the accuracy of third party statements contained herein or the likelihood of success for you as a result of these statements. If you have a medical, legal or financial questions, you should consult a medical professional, lawyer or accountant and/or financial advisor respectively. We expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any actions or omissions you choose to make as a result of using this website, related materials, products, courses or the materials contained herein.
This website is updated on a regular basis and while we try to make accurate statements in a timely and effective manner, we cannot guarantee that all materials and related media contained herein are entirely accurate, complete or up to date. You expressly acknowledge and understand that any information or knowledge you gain as a result of using this website is used at your own risk. If you should see any errors or omissions and would like to let us know, please email us at info[at]learnigbonow.com
This site may use affiliate links to sell certain products or services. We disclaim any and all liability as a result of your purchase through one of these links. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you when and where we have placed affiliate links in addition to this disclaimer located in these Terms & Conditions. You accept express liability for any and all consequences or benefits of clicking the affiliate links contained on this website or related communications.
You have the right to withdraw this consent at anytime.
If at any time we feel you have violated these Terms and Conditions, then we shall immediately terminate your use of our website and any related communications as we deem appropriate. It is within our sole discretion to allow any user’s access of our website, and we may revoke this access at any time without notice.
Learn Igbo Now understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
• “Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
• “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out below;
• “Our Site” means this website, www. Learn Igbo Now.com;
• “The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and EU Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015;
• “We/Us/Our” means Learn Igbo Now, which is the trading name of Learn Languages Now, a limited company registered in England, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Information About Us
Our Site, www. Learn Igbo Now.com, is owned and operated by Learn Igbo Now, which is the trading name of Learn Languages Now, a limited company registered in England, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Our data protection officer is Yvonne Chioma Mbanefo who can be contacted at Yvonnechi[at]learnigbonow[dot]com.
Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
What Data Do We Collect?
• contact information, such as email addresses
• demographic information such as preferences and interests
• financial information such as credit/debit card numbers
• IP address (automatically collected)
• web browser type and version (automatically collected)
• operating system (automatically collected)
• a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see below.
We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
• providing and managing your Account
• providing and managing your access to Our Site
• personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site
• supplying Our products and services to you
• personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you
• responding to communications from you
• supplying you with email communications, such as informative newsletters, relevant sequences, and promotional email that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any email sent from Learn Igbo Now.
• market research
• analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience
In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
Under GDPR, we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
• you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
• processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract
• processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
• processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person
• processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller, and/or
• processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it in accordance with the terms of our Data Retention Policy. Our Data Retention Policy is to keep data only as long as is necessary to provide a service or to you, or as long as is required by law. Should data no longer be required, it is also within our Data Retention Policy to remove data from our systems in a secure and timely manner.
Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
• working only with third-party companies who also adhere to the EU GDPR
• keeping up to date as far as possible with new legislation to ensure We are securing and protecting your data in line with international regulation
Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
Do We Share Your Data?
We may share your data with other companies in Our group.
We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law. We currently contract with Teachable, Mailchimp, Cloudnext and WordPress.
We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data, including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details.
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in your country. In the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland this includes The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at yvonnechi[at]learnigbonow[dot]com.
What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
Before any Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below, but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site, and the information, products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. Certain of these Cookies may be placed immediately when you first visit Our Site and it may not be possible for Us to obtain your prior consent. You may remove these Cookies and prevent future use of them by following the steps set out below.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Summary of Your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
• the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us
• the right to complain to a supervisory authority
• be informed of what data processing is taking place
• the right to restrict processing
• the right to data portability
• object to processing of your personal data
• rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see below)
Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
In the event that We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, You have the right to challenge to such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us.
The right described above does not apply in the following circumstances:
• the decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us
• the decision is authorised by law, or
• you have given you explicit consent
Where We use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
• clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences
• appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used
• technical and organisational measures necessary to minimise the risk of errors and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented, and
• all personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling
We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.