Ndeewo, my name is Yvonne Chioma Mbanefo . I am an Elearning & Digital Storytelling Consultant/Expert.
I’m also a Digital strategist and Director at T-One Technologies, an IT solutions firm based in London and Nigeria. I also have my hands in a few other things.
Here are 14 quick facts about me I hope you will find interesting:
- I was born in London, raised in Enugu, Nigeria and came back to England when I was 22 years old.
- I am creative and started making handicrafts at a very young age. By my teenage years I was selling my crafts (Cards, ornaments, afrocentric dolls
etc) . Later on my creativity turned digital (computer crafts and graphic design)
- I have a bachelors degree (Bsc Hons) in Digital Media, Masters degree in Elearning and Instructional design and a Post Graduate Certificate of Education(PGCE) in Higher Education. I am also a Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy.
- I lectured part time at the University of Greenwich for 5 years where I taught Digital Media & Storyboarding , Internet Entrepreneurship, Business Information Technology as well as Social Media Marketing for Business.
- I wanted my children to learn Igbo Language , and because I couldn’t find the type of Igbo learning materials I liked, I created Learn Igbo Now.com .
- On 1st Nov 2011, I started a group called Kwadoigbo, which is primarily concerned with updating the Igbo dictionary.The project made use of crowdsourcing and facebook as a platform to collect data to create a contemporary Igbo dictionary. The dictionary (Ọkọwa okwụ Igbo) will be published in 2015.
- I am one of the conveners for the Annual International Igbo Conference, which is hosted by SOAS, University of London. The Igbo conference is also a stepping stone for the proposed Igbo Institute, which will be a museum and leading provider of Igbo education and culture.
- I am also an organising member of TEDxEuston, an annual conference aimed at inspiring ideas about Africa and challenging conventional wisdom on Africa.
- I often get invited to speak at events or to groups about Digital language learning and teaching, Elearning/ Information design, Storytelling for business and education, and making African Languages & culture accessible to the world.
- I was one of the Igbo translators for the 2 times AMAA award nominated Nollywood film Onye Ozi, the first Igbo language film in which caucasians spoke Igbo language.
- I was awarded ‘Igbotic Person of the year’ at the 2014 ICSN Awards, for my contribution to the Igbo Language and Culture.
- I am the author of the Children’s Igbo Dictionary, which will be published early 2015.
- I am the author of the book 1001 Elearning Tips for Instructional Designers and Teachers, which is due to be published in 2015.
- I am currently working on some digital storytelling projects.
Daalụ Rinne (Thanks a lot) for stopping by. Ka emesịa (see you soon!)